The ancient Thracian city of Perperikon (also Perpericon; Bulgarian: Перперикон, Greek: Περπερικον) is located in the Eastern Rhodopes, 15 km northeast of the present-day town of Kardzhali, Bulgaria, on a 470 m high rocky hill, which is thought to have been a sacred place.
The church "St. Assumption "is located in neighborhood "Gledka" in the town of Kardzhali. Cloister includes church and monastery. The church is a basilica dating from the twentieth century, acting temple monument.
The stone mushrooms are rock formations, located east of the village of Beli Plast, at the road, connecting Kardzhali with Haskovo. The protected site has a total area of 3 hectares. It was declared a natural landmark by Order No 1427 of 13 May 1974.
This is a fortified monastery at the right bank of Arda river. Its building starred in the IX century and it was reorganized in the XI century. They built a fortress wall with square towers in the corners and in the middle of each wall and the temple started functioning as a bishop's residence. There are wall-paintings preserved, dating from the XIII century.